DISTRICT COVID-19 INFORMATION
WCS COVID19 Case Dashboard
To protect the health of our school community and as required under the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Reporting of Confirmed and Probable Cases of COVID-19 at Schools on October 6, 2020, Waverly Community Schools will use this webpage to provide public notice regarding any school-associated cases of COVID-19. Within 24 hours of being notified of a confirmed or probable case by the Barry-Eaton County Health Department, Ingham Health Department (or a neighboring health department), this dashboard will be updated.
IMPORTANT: This dashboard is not intended to provide notification of possible exposure. Individuals identified as close contacts of positive cases are notified directly by the Barry-Eaton County Health Department, Ingham Health Department, or another health department, and given instructions to isolate or quarantine. Close contact means you have been face-to-face with an infectious person for a cumulative 15 minutes or more over a 24 hour period.
This data includes probable and confirmed cases among students, staff, administration, coaches, or visitors, if the person with COVID-19 was in the building or participating in a school-sponsored function during their infectious period. Please note case reports are preliminary and may change.
As a precaution, we will be disinfecting applicable areas of school buildings per CDC guidelines for schools. This may include spraying classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed, with a sanitizer, along with other methods of disinfection.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
- We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
- Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Answer the phone or call back promptly if the health department contacts you. A contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Individuals who were or are suspected to have been in close contact with a positive case will be notified by the Barry-Eaton County Health Department, Ingham County Health Department, or school officials.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we can maintain the safest learning environment possible.
If you have any additional questions about this notice, you can visit the Barry-Eaton County Health Department’s COVID-19 webpages at https://www.barryeatonhealth.org/coronavirus or contact (517)543-2430.
Ingham County Health Department: http://hd.ingham.org/
For answers to your general COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.