Student Services

Enrollment Options for the 2022-2023 School Year

This section is for students that will be attending between September 2022 and June 2023.

Waverly Community Schools Tuition Based Pre-School Program - 2022-2023

Resident and Non-Resident students may apply for Tuition Preschool. There is a Tuition Pre-School application fee of $100, due when paperwork is turned in to guarantee your child's spot. Once ALL enrollment forms and the application fee of $100 have been returned, your child will be accepted into the Pre-School Program. The tuition fee is $250 per month for half day and $450 per month for full day.

Children must be 3 or 4 years of age by September 1, 2022 to qualify for the Waverly Tuition based Pre-School Program.

To start a Tuition Based Pre-School Enrollment record, click here.

If there are any questions pertaining to enrollment, contact Katrina Hines, Registrar at 517-319-3032 or

If there are any questions pertaining to payments, contact Tammy Perry at 517-319-3036 or


Children must be 3 or 4 by September 1, 2022 to qualify for the Head Start or Great Start preschool programs.

For parents interested in enrolling their child for Head Start, Great Start Program the Interest Form can be completed in the following options:

  1. Calling the Head Start Main Office at: 517-482-1504 or Toll Free: 855-644-7735
  2. Online at

If parents who do not live in the Waverly area, but want to attend Head Start or Great Start programs housed at Waverly, it is important to state that you want to attend Head Start or Great Start at Waverly and why, i.e. (work schedule, child care) then it will be taken into consideration.

Once the Interest Form has been completed you should receive verification by email that it has been received and is being processed. If you do not, contact the Head Start Main Office at: 517-482-1504 or Toll Free: 855-644-7735.

Formal enrollment will not start until June 1st for these two programs. Home visits will be scheduled for the end of August and first week of September.

If there are any questions, contact Katrina Hines, Registrar at 517-319-3032 or

Any new RESIDENT students wanting to enroll and attend Waverly Community Schools for the 2022-2023 school year are encouraged to complete our online registration as soon as possible.

This is for RESIDENT students only, a parent or guardian must reside inside of Waverly boundaries.

Required Documents for Enrollment

Once you have clicked the "submit" button, you will have seven (7) business days to return the required documents. If they are not received, your registration will be discarded within the system and you will need to complete a new registration at a later date. 

Your student's enrollment will not be complete until you return the following items:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Official Immunization Records
  • One proof of Residency shown below:
    • Current Lease Agreement or Mortgage Document
    • Current Property Tax Bill
    • Current Utility Bill with service address listed (entire document)
    • High School students (grades 9-12) will need a copy of their Transcript. Middle school students (grades 7-8) will need a copy of their transcript or progress report if available.

Other items that may be helpful are:

  • Special Education records (IEP's, REED's, MET's, etc.)
  • Section 504 Plans
  • Health Action Plans - If your student has health related items that the school should be aware of, visit our Health Information web page for appropriate forms needed.  Contact our school nurse, Sue Ruegsegger at 517-319-3020 or with any questions or concerns regarding your student health plans.

Once you have clicked the "submit" button, you will have seven (7) business days to return the required documents. If they are not received, your registration will be discarded within the system and you will need to complete a new registration at a later date. 

Enrollment items can be returned via:

  • Fax - 517-321-8577 - Attention: Registrar
  • Secure Dropbox - 515 Snow Road, Lansing, MI. 48917
  • Email (preferred, snap a picture of your documents and send):

Click Here to access the New Student Registration Form for the 2022-23 School Year. 

Questions or concerns can be emailed to:

Schools of Choice Student Enrollment

Waverly Community Schools will be participating in the state's Limited Schools of Choice Program (Sections 105 and 105c) for the 2022-2023 school year. 

The online Schools of Choice Application will be available starting May 12, 2022 @ 8:00am through June 10, 2022 @ 4:00pm.

SOC Application Window is now CLOSED!

SOC Lottery results were emailed to the email address included with your appliction! Please check your junk mail folders!

Schools of Choice Application Timeline:

  • May 12th, 2022 @ 8:00am - SOC application window opens, online application will be available.
  • June 10th, 2022 @ 4:00pm - SOC application window closes, online application will automatically close. Applications that are not complete with required documents will be discarded.
  • June 20th, 2022 - SOC Lottery (if needed). If more application are received than seats available, a lottery will be held. Applicants will be notified via email. Applications not placed in a SOC seat during the lottery will be added to a waitlist.
  • June 20th - August 12th, 2022 - Accepted SOC Application Enrollment Window. Accepted SOC students will need to complete an online enrollment with all required documents before the end of the enrollment window. More information and directions with weblink will be sent in notification email. Failure to enroll within this window will result in loss of SOC seat.
  • August 15th - August 26th, 2022 - Wait-listed Applications will be notified via email if a SOC seat opens. Online enrollment with all required documents will need to be completed before August 26th.

Questions pertaining to SOC seat availability, application process, or general questions, email:


Frequently Asked Questions - Schools of Choice

Question: I don't live in the Waverly Community Schools School District, how can I enroll my student into the WCS district?

Answer: State law governs the Schools of Choice process. School districts have the option of participating in Schools of Choice on an annual basis. Districts may advertise available slots and accept applications only at specific times. The Waverly Board of Education makes decisions about the districts participation in Schools of Choice in the spring for the next school year. At that time, the availability of seats at specific grade levels will be identified and published. 

Question: When is the SOC application period?

Answer: The application period can be between 15-30 calendar days. The SOC application period will be announced each year after the Board of Education makes the decision regarding the district's participation.

Question: Where may I obtain an application?

Answer: There will be a online application available during the SOC application period. 

Question: I have multiple students, do I need to complete a SOC application for each of them?

Answer: Yes, each student would need to have a completed SOC application. 

Question: If my student is accepted, will I need to reapply each year?

Answer: Once a student is accepted under Schools of Choice provisions, their enrollment is through graduation as long as enrollment is continuous. If a student withdraws from Waverly Schools, they will forfeit their slot and must reapply during the next application period. 

Question: Are siblings guaranteed enrollment in future years?

Answer: Siblings are not guaranteed enrollment in future years, however, they are given preference for available advertised slots over any other new applicants providing the district participates in the Schools of Choice process in the year of application. 

Question: How are applications chosen to enroll in Waverly Community Schools?

Answer: The application asks very basic information (name, grade, address, district of residence, sibling information, whether there have been suspensions or expulsions, etc).  For grade levels where the number of applications received is less than the number of advertised slots, all applicants will be accepted (except as provided by law regarding suspensions or expulsions).  For grade levels that more applications are received than advertised slots, the law requires that districts accept students on a lottery basis (except as provided by law regarding suspensions or expulsions). Siblings of current Schools of Choice students receive preference to available slots over new applicants. Waverly Community Schools has a limited number of openings in each grade level. The number of spots available changes each year and is based on class size limits.

Question: Who provides transportation for my student?

Answer: Transportation to and from our district will be the responsibility of the parent.  Children must arrive in time to begin instructional activities at the start of the school day and must be picked up or have arranged childcare once the school day has ended.

Question: How do I know if I live within the Schools of Choice boundaries?

Answer: School districts within Ingham County are within the Schools of Choice boundaries for Waverly Community Schools as well as districts located in intermediate school districts that are contiguous to Ingham Intermediate School District (Clinton, Eaton, Jackson, Livingston, Shiawassee and Washtenaw).

Non-Resident State Aid Release (SAR) Application

State Aid Release (SAR) Applications are for students who attended Waverly Community Schools during the previous school year  and moved outside of the Waverly boundaries but would like to continue enrollment for the upcoming year. We can also accept SAR's for new, non-resident Kindergarten students. SAR's are only available for one (1) school year and must be completed annually.

SAR Applications require one proof of residency shown below:

  • Current Lease Agreement or Mortgage Document
  • Current Property Tax Bill
  • Current Utility Bill with service address listed

**Please include the entire residency document, not just a small portion. You may block out any financial information if you desire**

Completed SAR Applications with one proof of residency can be returned via:

  • Email to:
  • Fax to: 517-321-8577 Attn: State Aid Release Application
  • Secure drop box located at: Waverly Administration Center, 515 Snow Rd, Lansing, MI. 48917

Completed SAR Applications will be sent to your resident district for approval. You will be notified of the outcome of your student's SAR Application.

2022-2023 State Aid Release Application - CLICK HERE

Student Residency Changes

Has your residency changed during the school year? Updating your address is important to receive information about your student and other important documents that are sent home. 

Updating your student's residency with our registrars is important to receive documents from your student's school and is required in accordance with state law. If you move during the school year, we will need one of the below items to verify your residency:

  • Current Utility Bill (showing the service address)
  • Current Lease Agreement or Mortgage Document
  • Current Property Tax Bill (showing the service address)

These items can be returned to our Administrative Offices by:

If you change your residency during the school year, you do not have to unenroll from Waverly Community Schools. Questions about residency options can be answered by our Pupil Auditor: Erin Symonds, or 517-319-3026.

Other Student Services Information

McKinney-Vento Information

If you are experiencing an inadequate living situation (living in a shelter, motel, car, park, or staying with family or friends due to loss of housing or economic hardship), contact the McKinney-Vento Liaison at 517-319-3010 or for support.  You may be eligible for assistance with transportation, food, clothing, school supplies... all information is confidential. 

Transcript Request - Current Students & Alumni:

Transcripts are available online through Parchment. Waverly High School has joined forces with Parchment to bring you Secure Transcript™ – the safe, paperless way to send transcripts directly to the colleges you choose. It’s easy, secure, and available 24/7. Parchment sends official transcripts, verified and approved, to the colleges and scholarship organizations you choose. Parchment will email you to confirm that they’ve been sent.

Policy 6152.01: One copy of a student transcript will be provided free of charge upon graduation. The Board of Education establishes a fee for each additional copy of a student transcript. Students who do not complete graduation requirements will be charged a fee for each transcript request. Transcripts will only be issued when a signed request is provided and the fee is paid. Fees are based on vendor pricing.

If you need to contact the Student Service Office regarding a transcript request, please call Katrina at 517-319-3032.

Transcripts are a protected document under the Family Education Rights and Protection Act (FERPA).

Waverly Student Centers/Childcare

If you are in need of before/after school childcare for your student, please click the link below for more information.

Student Centers Childcare


Profile Photo

Deborah Hoxie

Profile Photo

Katrina Hines